In the face of intra party conflicts confronting its ranks,the ruling All Progressives Congress(APC) has drafted from retirement its first interim National Chairman,Chief Bisi Akande to head a reconstituted
12-Member Reconciliation Committee
This new move according to its national publicity secretary,Issa Onilu, was taken by president Muhammadu Buhari and the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) which have decided to review the party’s National Reconciliation Committee.
The 12-member committee which will be inaugurated at the party’s national headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday,11February has the following as members.
1. Chief Bisi Akande (Chairman)
2. Governor of Niger State, Abubakar Sani Bello
3. Governor of Osun State, Adegboyega Oyetola
4. Senate Leader, Senator Yahaya Abdullahi
5. Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives, Hon. Ahmed Idris Wase
6. Sen. Umaru Tanko Al-Makura
7. Sen. Kashim Shettima
8. Minister of State for Environment, Sharon Ikeazor
9. Alh. Nasiru Aliko Koki
10. Sen. Khairat Gwadabe-Abdulrazak
11. Sen. Binta Garba
12. Sen. John Enoh (Secretary).
According to Onilu,”the Committee is empowered to address grievances of party members across the country and resolve existing conflicts, all with a view to fostering oneness, strengthen the party for better governance and ensure unity of purpose within the party.”