Igangan update:Makinde confirms attack on residents of Igangan

1050

Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde has confirmed attacks on residents of Igangan by suspected Fulanis herdsmen in the early hours of Sunday.
Said he,” have received the shocking news of the attacks on residents of Igangan,Ibarapaland in the early hours of this morning and currently being briefed on the incidents.i urge residents to remain calm as security operatives are now in control of the situation.”

Makinde

It will be recalled that gunmen suspected to be Fulanis stock has attacked the community and shot many residents while many houses were burnt and destroyed.
Newdawnngr.com sources revealed that a helicopter had earlier in the week dropped amunitions in the ancient town in the Oyo North area of the state.
Sundays attack was said to be a reprisal attack after the ejection if Fulanis herdsmen in the area done months ago as a result of activities of murderous herdsmen.
This pitched the state with Sunday Igbohos,a Yoruba activist in the forefront of agitation fir a separate Yoruba nation.
Police is yet to issue a statement on the attack which has rendered many residents homeless.

 

Kindly support the growth of journalism in Nigeria
To Receive FREE Newdawn News Online on your phone, text your number to +2348104502834


Reactions to stories published can be sent to us at info@newdawnngr.com


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *